As one of the leading Non-Public Agencies (NPA), VHAP currently works with various school districts providing direct intensive intervention support for children.
Intensive Behavioral and Developmental Services may include:
• Consultation and Assessment Services
• 1:1 Direct Intervention Support in Classroom for Identified Student
• Consultation With the Teacher
• Training of Classroom Aides
• Inclusion Assessment Report for Child or Classroom Functioning
• Behavioral Intervention Training for Specialists
Specific areas of training may include:
• Managing Challenging Behaviors
• Autism Spectrum Disorder: What is Autism and What Are the Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders?
• Empowering Classroom Teachers: Supporting Children with Special Needs
• Accessing the Curriculum: Using Accommodations and Modifications Effectively
• Creating a Positive Classroom Climate
• Utilization of Visual and Self-monitoring Strategies (social stories, T-Charts)
• Facilitation of Peer Relationships and Social Skill Development